Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ, Jonny and the Baptists¥, Joz Norrisø, Eleanor Morton→, Elf Lyons≈, Mawaan Rizwan**, Siân Docksey***, Sophie Duker**** and Shelf*****.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 17:09: RT @kateweb: 1 December, Daniel Kitson’s #DotDotDot is streaming from @UnionChapelUK - lovely show, gorgeous venue, watch from anywhere. Ti…
- Fri 15:44: RT @comedysavage: YO! I'm doing a new book of my comics, which I'm kickstartering. I'm offering cool merch as rewards such as stickers, m…
- Fri 12:06: RT @MisterABK: Just to be clear, this video is the reason people keep tweeting "hat nonce" at me: https://t.co/BWVNooXLVs
- Fri 11:59: RT @bigedwards: Every single episode now available! Tell everyone, even children. A thousand pounds! Blueberries! Bees! Vikings! Philippe L…
- Fri 11:40: "I could have been a BOXER. Like my father. He could have been a BOXER as well." - Simon Munnery, and/or the 2013 N… https://t.co/NHVtkXDJ7F
- Fri 11:32: RT @jlukeroberts: Of course a year like this makes you wonder whether you've made the right career decisions through your life, but it's ra…