Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Siân Docksey≈, Sophie Duker** and Shelf***.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 days:
Sunday 15 December
at The Albany
Doors open: 2:30pm
Show starts: 3pm
Ends approx: 6ish
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 13:49: RT @jlukeroberts: The Christmas edition of Terrible Wonderful Adaptations is on this Saturday, and tickets are, bafflingly, going fast. htt…
- Wed 11:48: RT @MerylORourke: Just had a friend message that she's working in Australia & never heard back about her proxy vote so gave up. Today read…
- Wed 10:00: RT @AltComMemSoc: London | @TheAlbany | Sunday 15th December | 3-6pm | £7 advance | @turlygod + @jlukeroberts + @shelfcomedy + @siandocksey…
- Tue 19:23: London | @TheAlbany | Sunday 15th December | 3-6pm | £7 advance | @turlygod + @jlukeroberts + @shelfcomedy +… https://t.co/FMOVI4Q5d6
- Tue 18:46: RT @richardvranch: This Sunday at the Albany, not the Pleasance as I said earlier. First rule of acting: turn up at the correct theatre. ht…
- Tue 09:41: RT @bechillcomedian: If you like this, you can now get your own A5 picture book version of it just in time for Christmas! £15 with FREE int…