Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Siân Docksey≈, Sophie Duker** and Shelf***.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 3 weeks:
Wednesday 13 November
at The Albany
ACMS on November 13th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
£7, or £10 Bonfire Night tickets
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 10:29: RT @StandComedyClub: On November 19th @Jonny_Baptists are coming to Edinburgh and they've made this extremely unique video to promote the s…
- Fri 15:39: RT @JonnyDonahoe: 4 years ago we took @EveryBrillThing to a lovely venue in #Havant called @the_spring for one of its earliest shows. Tomo…
- Fri 12:19: RT @bechillcomedian: YES! @MawaanR is on Spotify with those sweet rhymes and beats!! I TOO, HAVE NEVER BEEN SKIING! Spent your morning te…
- Fri 11:01: RT @sianharries_: What’s your motivational music? Mine is the jig they play at the 1885 Hill Valley Fair in Back to the Future 3
- Thu 14:09: RT @dreadfuls: 📯*pfffft-t* 💥The Penny Dreadfuls: Volume 3💥 Starring @4SylvesterMcCoy, Miles Jupp, @CHIMPSINSOCKS, Mark Heap, @HildaBaker,…
- Wed 23:15: RT @TNeenan: Sure Chernobyl was a good TV show, but how much better would it be if after each episode you could turn over to Chernobyl: Mel…