Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ, Jonny and the Baptists¥, Joz Norrisø, Eleanor Morton→, Elf Lyons≈, Mawaan Rizwan**, Siân Docksey***, Sophie Duker**** and Shelf*****.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up with a cartoon: noblefailure.org/merch.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sat 23:01: RT @lartymcparty: I miss live music. Dug out this old Bob Dylan setlist and it brings back so many memories. https://t.co/BPxTNnhJpN
- Sat 19:35: RT @MykaFox: All of your “hilarious tinder exchanges” are you just being a cunt
- Sat 13:19: RT @jlukeroberts: It also might be the first time my older brother sees it, which, tbh, is a bit rum because I basically wrote it for the u…
- Sat 13:19: RT @jlukeroberts: This is tonight, and there are still tickets available, because tickets for this are effectively infinite. I'm quite nerv…
- Sat 12:34: RT @Lawrence_Leung: Blimey! Back by popular demand - 2nd online show for CONNECTED now on sale for UK Timezone via @sohotheatre ! Tell your…
- Sat 12:22: RT @SoozUK: Weyyyyyy @RichThomCreativ just told me that after 15+ years Jerry Springer the Opera is FINALLY on Spotify. Why not make your S…