Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 3 weeks:
Sunday 16 June
at Upper Norwood Library Hub
ACMS on June 16th
Doors open: 7pm (?)
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
£10.68 - £13.34
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 16:59: RT @ThisIsTomLittle: ADVICE FOR NEW ACTS DOING THE FRINGE FOR 1ST TIME: You're going to be tempted to put joke quotes on your poster like…
- Sun 14:40: RT @elf_lyons: Hello! At 5pm today at @RosieBTheatre - the students from my Clown & Character course are doing a small showcase of their wo…
- Sat 19:34: RT @TheNickHelm: It’s essentially door to door sales. https://t.co/srBCdSGZpz
- Sat 19:34: RT @TheNickHelm: Apparently my lovely food show #EatYourHeartOutWithNickHelm is being repeated on @davechannel at the moment. If you’ve not…
- Sat 14:16: RT @Alasdairtb: I had my bottom vertebrae removed so I can suck my own bum.
- Sat 08:32: RT @MrNishKumar: The good folks @TeamCoco were kind enough to have me on and I responded by banging on about politics, incels and racism. W…