Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ, Jonny and the Baptists¥, Joz Norrisø, Eleanor Morton→, Elf Lyons≈, Mawaan Rizwan**, Siân Docksey***, Sophie Duker**** and Shelf*****.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 3 days:
Tuesday 9 June
at The Albany
ACMS on June 9th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
ALMOST CERTAINLY CANCELLED
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 18:10: RT @turlygod: tomorrow i am going to be e-ppearing on PERFECT MOVIE. it's a great gig i have done in person and have watched the online ver…
- Fri 17:20: RT @markolver: When I started the diversity project I had an idea for a little fanzine about comedy. Got my friend @_Studiotoad to have a q…
- Fri 17:07: RT @TNeenan: Scenes you like to see. https://t.co/evThs6EBj2
- Fri 15:05: RT @mulaney: Did you ask him about NYPDs “Kettling” crowds of peaceful protesters into confined areas, waiting til curfew, and then arresti…
- Fri 12:21: RT @EmSid1: Here it is, 'La Princesa De Woking' - a Spanish-language soap set in my hometown... because someone had to do it right?! Huge t…
- Fri 12:06: RT @ImLeeKyle: Are there any characters on Little Britain that don’t make you go “Oh fuck off you posh cunts?” Is Walliams still doing tha…